Morning, Denver! Let’s get you all caught up to start this day off on an informed note. Here’s everything happening today in town, from the latest home price forecast, to how you can catch the hunter’s moon, to creative pizza options.
First, today’s weather:
You can expect a mostly sunny sky, with a high around 64, and a low around 38.
Here are the top stories in Denver today:
- Racist, antisemitic and homophobic graffiti was spray painted on George Washington High School‘s running track, field buildings, equipment and central building, CBS reports. Students of all different backgrounds now feel unsafe, said Rabbi Jay Strear, President and CEO of JEWISHcolorado. (CBS Denver)
- Home prices in Denver’s metro area could reach $650,000 by the end of 2022, according to a new investment bankers’ forecast. That means home costs will soar by 16 percent — and that’s just the conservative forecast, Fox 31 reports. (FOX 31 Denver)
- Despite the soaring home prices mentioned above, our city made it onto the U.S. News: Best Places To Retire In 2021 list. The report ranked 150 cities based on factors such as health care, affordability and happiness. But Colorado Springs, Boulder and Fort Collins managed to rank higher than us. (Denver Patch)
- The Orionid meteor shower and the October full hunter’s moon have lead roles on the skywatching marquee this month, but the full moon gets top billing and is likely to blot out all but the brightest shooting stars over Colorado Wednesday night and Thursday morning. (Patch)
- Pizza in Denver is rapidly evolving beyond New York-style into new, creative and delicious options — Westword inspires us to expand our waistlines with the latest slices around town. We’re moving into ‘hide the fat’ weather anyway, right? (Westword)
Today’s Denver Daily is brought to you by Banner Health, a Patch Brand Partner. With the arrival of flu season, here is everything you need to know to keep yourself and your family protected.
- VISIT DENVER: “Snow capped peaks…