The Lockdown Logistics Of The New Era
The “lockdown logistics” have every training and development program manager looking desperately for new ways to fulfill their remote training delivery mandates and come up with a strategy that will help train their remote employees.
Take a look at some stats on the impact of COVID-19 on L&D and how learners feel about their response (Source – Fosway Group):
- 94% of L&D teams have had to change their strategy in response to the pandemic.
- 71% of organizations have experienced an increased demand for digital learning from end users (82% increased demand from senior stakeholders).
- 59% of end users thought their organization’s adoption of digital learning was immature.
- Only 5% think their L&D strategy can be reverted to how it was before the pandemic.
In these altered workplace dynamics, and considering that a significant percentage of the workforce is now made up of remote workers, mLearning is a must-have strategy for the new learning environment. It is the ultimate “learning on the go,” easily consumed on smartphones and tablets, and it allows learners to learn seamlessly across different devices (across mobile devices and laptops/desktops).
mLearning provides an effective and scalable approach to ensure that your employee training keeps pace with the business goals, even in the modified workplace dynamics. A strong mLearning strategy offers enticing value propositions for both learners and the organization.
About The eBook
- I begin by explaining the factors triggering the need for mLearning and its benefits for both learners and organizations/L&D teams;
- Next, I outline how you can leverage mLearning for your training and development programs with different types of mLearning content formats;
- I list 10 mLearning strategies that you can apply as you train your remote workforce; and
- I wrap up by showcasing 7 examples of mLearning for remote learners featuring a week-long learning journey simulating a work from home environment, and how you can create effective remote learning experiences.
The Sections Of The eBook
I have designed the eBook, mLearning: A Must-Have Strategy To Train Remote Employees In The New Learning Environment, into 4 sections as shown here:
Section 1: Why Is mLearning A Must-Have Strategy In The New Learning Environment
The eBook opens with an analysis of the impact that the pandemic had on the workplace. This section describes the factors responsible for triggering the adoption of mLearning at such swift rates. It also describes how mLearning succeeds in fulfilling all training needs, like informal learning, instant/just-in-time learning aids, formal training, self-directed learning, and social or collaborative learning, bringing in value for both the learners as well as the organization.
Section 2: How Can You Leverage mLearning For Your Training And Development Programs
This section begins with the 70-20-10 L&D model that is adopted extensively by global organizations for their training programs. This model was established and pioneered by Morgan McCall, Robert Eichinger, and Michael Lombardo at the Center for Creative Leadership. It states that a significant part of work-related learning (70%) is experience-based, while 20% happens from workplace interactions. And the remaining 10% of employee learning occurs through formal training.
mLearning is well-aligned to the same logic. Its multi-device capability and the ability to mix and match different types of content make mLearning the perfect strategy to deliver better learning outcomes. It concludes by talking about the various types of mLearning content formats that can be used for training and development programs by leveraging a learning and performance ecosystem.
Section 3: What mLearning Strategies Should You Include In Your Remote Workforce Training Programs
This part of the eBook describes 10 mLearning strategies that you need to use when your remote workforce is undergoing training. These strategies, if they are implemented effectively, will definitely show an improvement in learner performance and bring about behavioral change.
Section 4: How To Use mLearning For Remote Learners—7 Examples Featuring A Week-Long Learning Journey
This section discusses how you can use mLearning to help your remote learners with learning, practicing, or gaining further proficiencies. This part of the eBook gives 7 examples of the ways mLearning can be of value to remote learners during their day, as they work from home.
Do download my eBook, mLearning: A Must-Have Strategy To Train Remote Employees In The New Learning Environment, and enjoy reading! If you want support on how to successfully leverage employee training in the new learning environment with mLearning strategies, do contact me or leave a comment below.