Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: Trump Admin Issues New Threat to Denver School District Over All-Gender Restrooms
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > Denver > Trump Admin Issues New Threat to Denver School District Over All-Gender Restrooms
Denver

Trump Admin Issues New Threat to Denver School District Over All-Gender Restrooms

HBTV
Last updated: August 29, 2025 4:36 am
HBTV
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE


Contents
Why It MattersWhat To KnowWhat People Are SayingWhat Happens Next

The U.S. Department of Education (DOE) determined on Thursday that Denver Public Schools violated federal Title IX protections by creating all-gender restrooms and allowing students to use facilities matching their gender identity.

Newsweek reached out to DPS for comment via email on Thursday.

Why It Matters

Thursday’s finding is the latest salvo in the Trump administration’s ongoing efforts to roll back LGBTQ+ rights in public schools and universities across the country.

President Donald Trump signed an executive order in January saying that the federal government will only recognize two sexes: male and female.

The president, Education Secretary Linda McMahon and other administration officials have also repeatedly claimed that transgender women threaten the safety of cisgender women and that allowing trans women to compete in women’s sports is unfair.

There is no evidence that transgender women pose an increased threat to safety in bathrooms. Transgender people are also several times more likely to be the victims of violent crimes than those who are not transgender.

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with Secretary of Education Linda McMahon during an executive order signing ceremony in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on July 31, 2025, in Washington, DC.
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with Secretary of Education Linda McMahon during an executive order signing ceremony in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on July 31, 2025, in Washington, DC.
AFP/Getty Images

What To Know

Thursday’s finding from the Education Department came after an investigation into Denver’s East High School and marks a sharp departure from the DOE’s approach under former President Joe Biden.

The DOE began investigating Denver Public Schools after the high school converted a girls’ restroom on its second floor to an all-gender restroom and left another restroom exclusive to boys. Scott Pribble, a spokesperson for DPS, previously said that East High School also has restrooms for male and female students.

“Let me be clear: it is a new day in America, and under President Trump, (the Office for Civil Rights) will not tolerate discrimination of any kind,” Craig Trainor, the acting assistant secretary for civil rights, said in a press release at the time.

After issuing its conclusion on Thursday, the DOE gave Denver Public Schools the opportunity to revert the all-gender restrooms back to ones separated by gender or risk further enforcement actions.

Brett Sokolow, the president of the Association of Title IX Administrators, told The Associated Press that legal questions about the restroom are untested.

The Trump administration is “arguing that an all-gender restroom isn’t comparable to a single-gender restroom,” Sokolow said. “You’d have to establish that somehow you have a right to a single-sex bathroom, and while the Trump administration may believe that, I don’t know if that will be upheld by the courts.”

What People Are Saying

Trainor said in a statement Thursday: “Denver Public Schools violated Title IX and its implementing regulations by converting a sex-segregated restroom designated for girls in East High School to an ‘all-gender’ facility and by allowing students to use the high school’s intimate facilities on the basis of their ‘gender identity’ rather than their biological sex. As a result, the District is creating a hostile environment for its students by endangering their safety, privacy, and dignity while denying them access to equal educational activities and opportunities.”

Scott Pribble, a spokesperson for DPS, said in a statement after the initial investigation was announced: “This restroom serves all students, including those who may feel uncomfortable in gender-specific facilities and aligns with our values of supporting every student.”

What Happens Next

The DOE gave Denver’s public school district ten days to voluntarily comply with its demand to revert all-gender restrooms to gender-specific restrooms or risk “imminent enforcement action.”

This article includes reporting by the Associated Press.

Update 8/28/25, 9:35 p.m. ET: This article has been updated with additional information and context.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article College football scores, results: Dylan Raiola, Nebraska hold on to beat Cincinnati on opening night of Week 1
Next Article Xavier Watts, Billy Bowman Jr. to start for Falcons in Week 1
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Massachusetts Students Sue State Over Alleged School Segregation and Unequal Education System
Education
May 21, 2026
Long Beach approves Latino Cultural Center in Downtown
Latino Lifestyle
May 21, 2026
United Airlines exec says fares and fees will rise to overcome market pressures, but company will also absorb some costs
Houston
May 21, 2026
NHL playoff predictions 2026: Conference final winners, Stanley Cup champion and MVP
Las Vegas
May 21, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?