Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: New York Times: Justice Department closed probe into Trump’s border czar, Tom Homan, for accepting bag of cash
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > New York > New York Times: Justice Department closed probe into Trump’s border czar, Tom Homan, for accepting bag of cash
New York

New York Times: Justice Department closed probe into Trump’s border czar, Tom Homan, for accepting bag of cash

HBTV
Last updated: September 21, 2025 7:17 am
HBTV
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE





Email


Tom Homan, now the president’s border czar, was recorded last year accepting a bag with $50,000 in cash by undercover FBI agents in an investigation the Trump Justice Department later closed, The New York Times reported Saturday.

The September 2024 payment arose from a probe that was not targeting Homan, The Times reported, citing people familiar with the case. Homan was investigated for potential bribery and other crimes after he agreed to help the undercover agents, posing as businessmen, secure government contracts in a second Trump administration, the report says.

A person familiar with the matter told CNN that Homan accepted a cash payment in a sting operation.

The cash was inside a bag from the fast-casual chain Cava, The Times reported. MSNBC reported earlier on the investigation.

Investigators began looking into Homan after the original target of a case suggested that a payment to Homan could lead to federal border security contracts, The Times reported. On the tape of the September 2024 meeting, The New York Times reported, Homan appeared to agree to help the undercover agents win contracts if Donald Trump won reelection.

The DOJ shut down the case after Trump began his second term this year, over doubts prosecutors could prove Homan — who served as acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement in the president’s first term — had agreed to a specific act in exchange for the cash and because he was not in a government position at the time.

FBI Director Kash Patel and Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche said the matter, which originated under the Biden administration, was subject to a full review by officials with the FBI and DOJ, who “found no credible evidence of any criminal wrongdoing.”

“The Department’s resources must remain focused on real threats to the American people, not baseless investigations. As a result, the investigation has been closed,” they said in a statement Saturday.

CNN has attempted to reach Homan for comment. Abigail Jackson, a White House spokesperson, slammed the matter as a “blatantly political investigation” and called Homan “a career law enforcement officer and lifelong public servant.”

“This blatantly political investigation, which found no evidence of illegal activity, is yet another example of how the Biden Department of Justice was using its resources to target President Trump’s allies rather than investigate real criminals and the millions of illegal aliens who flooded our country,” she said in a Saturday statement.

A career law enforcement officer, Homan served as the public face of the first Trump administration’s aggressive efforts to step up immigration enforcement before retiring in 2018.

After leaving government, he became a Fox News contributor. He also contributed to Project 2025, the sweeping conservative blueprint for the next Republican president, which Trump distanced himself from during his campaign.

In a sign of his influence in Trump’s orbit, Homan addressed the Republican National Convention in July 2024. Speaking from the stage in Milwaukee, Homan warned immigrants who “Joe Biden has released into our country in violation of federal law: You better start packing now. You’re damn right.”

Less than a week after Trump won reelection, he announced Homan would serve as his administration’s border czar.

CNN’s Evan Perez contributed to this report.





Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article NHL All-Star Joe Pavelski inducted into SPASH Hall of Fame
Next Article Badgers embarrassed by Maryland 27-10
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Lynchburg Wins Fourth Straight NCAA Regional Baseball Championship
NCAAM
May 18, 2026
Gucci’s Resort 2027 Show Brought a Star-Studded Front Row to Times Square
New York
May 18, 2026
Sabres hope to bring road mentality into Game 7 at home against Canadiens
NHL
May 18, 2026
World rail freight news round-up
Salt Lake City
May 18, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?