Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: NFL exec critical of Matt Ryan, offseason
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > Atlanta > NFL exec critical of Matt Ryan, offseason
Atlanta

NFL exec critical of Matt Ryan, offseason

HBTV
Last updated: May 3, 2026 3:37 am
HBTV
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE



“I don’t know what Atlanta is doing,” said an anonymous NFL exec.

After missing the playoffs for an eighth consecutive year, the Atlanta Falcons decided to shake things up. The team moved on from head coach Raheem Morris, general manager Terry Fontenot and CEO Rich McKay immediately after the season ended, later hiring Matt Ryan to oversee things as the new president of football.

Ryan played a key role in the Falcons hiring Ian Cunningham as general manager and Kevin Stefanski as head coach. The new leadership group set out to raise the floor of the roster through the draft and free agency, but whether or not they accomplished that is up for debate.

Atlanta’s lack of salary cap space forced the team to focus on second-tier free agents, such as wide receiver Jahan Dotson and linebacker Christian Harris. Plus, the Falcons had to operate without a first-round pick in the 2026 NFL Draft.

Considering the circumstances, the Falcons seem genuinely happy with how they’ve fared thus far. However, some around the league aren’t exactly sure what Atlanta’s plan is. In a new piece from The Athletic‘s Mike Sando, some anonymous NFL executives were critical of the team’s offseason.

Execs generally remain skeptical of the way Atlanta, in its first season with Matt Ryan heading up football operations, is going about its business all offseason. “I don’t know what Atlanta is doing yet,” one exec said. “They have talked about raising the floor, but wouldn’t you rather bottom out or raise the ceiling?” — Mike Sando, The Athletic

Clearly, Atlanta didn’t have the resources of other teams, so it was always going to be an uphill battle. Nonetheless, second-round pick Avieon Terrell was a projected first-round selection, and fell to the Falcons at pick No. 48 overall.

While some analysts praised the team for getting value on Day 2 of the 2026 NFL Draft, some tried to call the Terrell selection a nepotism pick due to the Falcons having A.J. Terrell on the roster.

“That pick felt even more nostalgic than the Georgia rusher (Jalon Walker) in the first round last year,” an exec said. “It’s cool that (Terrell) is playing with his brother, but this isn’t like the NBA with Giannis Antetokounmpo. You have to make sure guys come in and contribute.” — Anonymous NFL exec, via The Athletic

The Falcons’ plan may not be clear to everyone, but it’s important to remember that these comments are anonymous for a reason. If someone isn’t willing to put their name on a criticism, it’s tough to take it seriously. For now, fans will have to wait to see if Atlanta can make these execs eat their words.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Max Anstie, Haiden Deegan win Denver Supercross 250 heats
Next Article Supreme Court asked to pause ruling blocking telehealth and mail access to abortion pills
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Trump won over more Latino voters in 2024. Can GOP keep them?
Latino Lifestyle
May 23, 2026
Local professionals invited to attend Business After Hours | News, Sports, Jobs
Houston
May 23, 2026
Rosen Law Firm Encourages Futu Holdings Limited Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation – FUTU – Las Vegas Sun News
Las Vegas
May 23, 2026
Greater QC Hispanic Chamber opens new, larger offices in Silvis
Business
May 23, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?