Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: Red Sox Drop Blunt Triston Casas Message With First-Base Job In Question
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > Boston > Red Sox Drop Blunt Triston Casas Message With First-Base Job In Question
Boston

Red Sox Drop Blunt Triston Casas Message With First-Base Job In Question

HBTV
Last updated: October 7, 2025 6:51 am
HBTV
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE


The Boston Red Sox were hoping Triston Casas would establish himself as the long-term solution at first base this season. Instead, the future became far less certain.

Casas put up a .580 OPS in 29 games this season before suffering a torn patellar tendon in his left knee. He’s still recovering from that injury and surgery, and it’s too early to say whether he’ll be ready to start for the Red Sox (or any team, for that matter) on opening day.

Will the Red Sox look to replace Casas, who hasn’t shown the ability to keep himself in the lineup for a team that lacks home run power?

Triston Casas

Apr 19, 2025; Boston, Massachusetts, USA; Boston Red Sox first baseman Triston Casas (36) hits an RBI single to end the tenth inning and beat the Chicago White Sox at Fenway Park. Mandatory Credit: Eric Canha-Imagn Images / Eric Canha-Imagn Images

After back-to-back seasons where Casas missed the majority of the season due to injury, the Red Sox were asked about the 25-year-old’s future as the team’s starting first baseman on Monday. Chief baseball officer Craig Breslow’s answer wasn’t a guarantee of anything, but certainly made it clear that the position was open to evaluation.

“I don’t think it makes a ton of sense, on Oct. 6, to say someone is or isn’t our first baseman,” Breslow said, via NESN. “We’ll see how things play out. Unfortunately, Triston has missed a significant amount of time over the last two years, but we’ve also seen what he’s capable of doing when he’s healthy.”

It was Breslow who stumped for Casas last offseason, saying he thought the youngster was capable of a 40-homer, 120-RBI season. Behind the scenes, though, there’s little doubt that the Red Sox were at least listening to potential trade offers for him, and may have been surprised by how little interest there was.

This winter, it’s hard to imagine the Red Sox getting anything of significant value for a player coming off a major surgery with only 92 games logged since the start of last year. If they’re going to replace him, they’ll need to either spend on a free agent and/or make a trade, while figuring out if he still makes sense for the roster at all.

Breslow also said the team is confident Casas will make a full recovery, but wouldn’t put a specific timeline on when he’d be ready to play in games.

More MLB: Red Sox Blockbuster Trade Idea Swaps Marcelo Mayer For Twins All-Star



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Chicago Investment Firm Buys Mixed-Use Complex in Bothell | News
Next Article Aces’ championship experience could be crucial as they take 2-0 WNBA Finals lead to Phoenix – The Press Democrat
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Twin Cities, Vikings Expected to Officially Land 2028 NFL Draft This Week
NFL
May 18, 2026
Full-length Replay: Is 24-Team College Football Playoff inevitable after Notre Dame, ACC & Big 12 join Big Ten’s push?
NCAAF
May 18, 2026
Georgia primaries preview top of the ticket toss-up races for November : NPR
Atlanta
May 18, 2026
H-E-B rival expands into buzzy San Antonio suburb with $3M store
Denver
May 18, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?