Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: San Antonio City Attorney refuses to explain leaking allegations
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > San Antonio > San Antonio City Attorney refuses to explain leaking allegations
San Antonio

San Antonio City Attorney refuses to explain leaking allegations

HBTV
Last updated: June 8, 2024 4:03 pm
HBTV
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio City Attorney appears eager to put a high-profile fight with nearly half the city council behind him — without answering any questions.

Four weeks to the day after Andy Segovia accused city council members of leaking information out of closed-door “executive sessions,” he refused to answer KSAT’s questions when approached at a Thursday city council meeting. However, it was clear he knew what KSAT wanted to discuss.

“Whatever issues we had were … been resolved. We’re moving forward. That’s all I have to say,” Segovia said before KSAT was able to ask any questions.

Segovia refused to answer further questions before walking off the dais, repeatedly saying, “I’m not going to say anything more.”

Watch the full interaction between Segovia and KSAT below.

Back in early May, Segovia butted heads with a group of five city council members who referred to themselves as the “Bloc of Five”: Councilwoman Melissa Cabello Havrda (D6), Councilman Jalen McKee-Rodriguez (D2), Councilwoman Teri Castillo (D5), Councilwoman Marina Alderete Gavito and Councilman Marc Whyte (D10).

The group tried to force a closed-door council meeting to discuss the ongoing fire contract negotiations. However, they said Segovia tried to block them, despite having previously said executive session was the appropriate venue for those discussions.

The group said it was the latest issue with the city attorney. The next day, May 9, the same council members called for another meeting — this time, to discuss Segovia’s suitability for the job.

Segovia released a statement the same afternoon, accusing council members of leaking information on the fire contract from the confidential executive session discussions.

“As City Attorney, I have an ethical duty to maintain the confidentiality of our executive sessions. Based on information that was relayed to me, I have no confidence that what is said there with respect to the collective bargaining agreement – the City’s second largest contract – will remain confidential.”

San Antonio City Attorney Andy Segovia (May 9)

However, Segovia’s statement did not include whom he suspected, what information had been leaked and what evidence he had of a potential leak.

MOVING THE GOAL POSTS

Before Thursday, KSAT had made multiple requests to speak with Segovia to get answers to those questions. Those requests were rebuffed at least five times.

On May 10, in response to KSAT’s original request to speak to Segovia about his council leak allegations, city spokesman Brian Chasnoff said the city attorney would not provide interviews until after City Manager Erik Walsh had met with council members the following week.

On May 15, the day that discussion was scheduled to happen, Chasnoff said Segovia would not be present at the meeting.

On May 16, during a council meeting at which Segovia was present, Chasnoff said Segovia wouldn’t talk until after he had talked with the council members.

On May 20, Chasnoff said Segovia was out on vacation.

On Tuesday, the spokesman finally said the city would not schedule Segovia for an interview.

A FIGHT FIZZLED OUT?

The “Bloc of Five” ended up getting both meetings they wanted.

Following the council’s May 15 closed-door discussion about Segovia, Walsh told reporters he had “complete confidence” in the city attorney. Walsh said he would have a conversation with Segovia, though he did not view it as punishment.

With Segovia on the dais the next day, the city council retired again into executive session to discuss the fire contract. Walsh indicated it had been his decision to follow through with an executive session instead of discussing the negotiations publicly. It’s not clear how Segovia felt about that decision.

A truce does seem to have been established since the pair of council meetings.

Cabello Havrda had been the most outspoken critic of Segovia and was the only one to definitively say she believed he needed to be replaced.

She has since changed her mind, telling KSAT on Friday that she believes there’s a “path forward” with Segovia still in place at the city.

Read more related San Antonio City Hall coverage on KSAT:

Copyright 2024 by KSAT – All rights reserved.

Contents
MOVING THE GOAL POSTSA FIGHT FIZZLED OUT?

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article USA defeats Pakistan in huge cricket upset
Next Article Are Prebiotic Sodas Like Poppi Actually Good for Gut Health?
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Analog Devices to Participate in the Bank of America Global Technology Conference
Tech
May 21, 2026
Ranking The Big 12’s Best Mascots From Best To Worst
NCAAF
May 21, 2026
Peanuts music lawsuit
Owner of ‘Peanuts’ music sues 3 companies, US government, alleging illegal use of tunes
Politics
May 21, 2026
WM Phoenix Open
WM Phoenix Open breaks fundraising record for fourth consecutive year
Phoenix
May 21, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?