For 18 years, Castle Hills was home to Zorbas Greek Mediterranean Grill, a family-owned gem that served a variety of Mediterranean dishes. All that came to an end when the restaurant announced its permanent closure earlier this month, but the goodbye wasn’t necessarily a sad one.
On Thursday, August 13, Zorbas Greek Mediterranean Grill shared the news with its followers on Facebook and Instagram, delivering a sincere message to its customers.
“After 18 years of serving our community we are happy to announce that we have flipped our sign to closed for the last time. We have been blessed to operate in the time that we have and we will hold onto these memories for the rest of our lives,” the business wrote on social media.
Zorbas Greek Mediterranean Grill got its start in June 2008 and became a local favorite for gyros, kebabs and other Mediterranean dishes. It was reportedly owned by Ahmad Al-Dmour and his family. MySA called the business on Monday, August 17, and left a voicemail at the phone number listed on the Zorbas website after no one answered.
Zorbas is one of several shocking closures to hit San Antonio in recent months. Just last week, MySA reported the permanent closure of all Singhs Vietnamese locations, leaving the city reeling. In contrast to the Singhs’ silent exit, Zorbas said goodbye on a happy note.
“To our loyal customers, supporters, and family members, thank you. On behalf of the whole family, thank you,” the Mediterranean restaurant said.


