Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: Charlie Fox marijuana dispensary ordered to temporarily close by state Supreme Court justice
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > LIVING > Cannabis > Charlie Fox marijuana dispensary ordered to temporarily close by state Supreme Court justice
Cannabis

Charlie Fox marijuana dispensary ordered to temporarily close by state Supreme Court justice

Sponsored by
Stillsmoken
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE
Sponsored by
Stillsmoken
Stillsmoken

A state Supreme Court justice ordered a Southampton marijuana dispensary to temporarily shut down Friday for operating without town approvals.

Southampton Town sought an injunction to halt Charlie Fox cannabis dispensary from operating on County Road 39 in Tuckahoe. The dispensary, which has a state license to sell marijuana, opened Sept. 16 despite a lack of town permits and approvals, Newsday previously reported.

Town code enforcement issued a cease-and-desist order once the business opened, according to court records.

“Since [Charlie Fox] continued to open, we felt that we had to bring the application for the restraining order to have him close until he gets his approvals,” Southampton Town Attorney James Burke said in a phone interview Saturday. “We had to treat them like any other business. Forget about the cannabis issue — any kind of retail business, you can’t just open without any town approvals,” he said.

Court records show the business was cited for not having site plan approval, no building permit for interior alterations, no updated certificate of occupancy and other violations. The property was previously used as a car service and repair business.

Justice Paul Hensley signed the temporary restraining order on Oct. 3 barring Charlie Fox from “the use and occupancy” of the site until at least Oct. 15, when both parties  are due back in court.

Charlie Fox co-founder James Mallios confirmed Saturday that the dispensary is closed.

“That’s sort of the temporary legal timeout that we have while the court adjudicates this,” he said in a phone interview Saturday.

The court-ordered shutdown is the latest in the dispensary’s legal saga Mallios described as “unbelievably frustrating.”

In July, Newsday reported that a state error measuring distances between dispensaries and schools impacted more than 100 licensees statewide, including Charlie Fox. The state Office of Cannabis Management acknowledged it licensed dispensaries within 500 feet of schools by using door-to-door distances rather than property lines.

A court order later reversed that review, allowing Charlie Fox to move forward with its Tuckahoe store.

Taylor Randi Lee, press secretary for the OCM, previously told Newsday that while Charlie Fox meets state requirements for a license, businesses must comply with local policies to open or request a ruling from the Cannabis Control Board if they feel the rules are “unreasonably impracticable.”

Mallios sent an appeal to the board on Saturday asking for a review of Southampton’s process, which he said is “designed to frustrate” licensees.

But Burke said the town is willing to work with the dispensary on securing town approval. Mallios has submitted a formal application, which could be reviewed as soon as Thursday at the town Planning Board meeting, according to Burke.

Mallios said he hopes the court can “cut through this and apply due process” so they can open the doors for good.

Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Cubs’ Matthew Boyd turns in one of shortest MLB postseason starts in franchise history vs. Brewers
Next Article As tourism slips, Reno casinos borrow from Vegas, lean into non-gaming attractions
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Teatown Expands Bilingual Programs for Hispanic Families – Peekskill Herald
Education
May 19, 2026
Cinco de Mayo event in downtown Willmar shows off cultures – West Central Tribune
Latino Lifestyle
May 19, 2026
DVIDS – News – MICC kicks off 2026 small business engagement, offers one-on-one sessions
Houston
May 19, 2026
Ari Emanuel and Mark Shapiro Buy Stake in NFL Las Vegas Raiders
Las Vegas
May 19, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?