Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: Voice of America to Receive Feeds From Pro-Trump Network, Administration Says
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > Politics > Voice of America to Receive Feeds From Pro-Trump Network, Administration Says
Politics

Voice of America to Receive Feeds From Pro-Trump Network, Administration Says

HBTV
Last updated: May 8, 2025 4:44 am
HBTV
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE


Voice of America, a U.S.-funded international news broadcaster that was muted by the Trump administration in March, may sound quite different when it returns to the air.

Kari Lake, the former news anchor whom President Trump put in charge of overhauling Voice of America, said Tuesday that it would be fed with content from One America News Network, or OAN, a reliably pro-Trump television channel that has propagated falsehoods about the 2020 presidential election.

Ms. Lake, who in recent years mounted unsuccessful campaigns for governor and senator in Arizona, said OAN had offered to provide free news reports to Voice of America and another American-supported outlet, the Office of Cuba Broadcasting. In a statement on social media, she called the arrangement “an enormous benefit to the American taxpayer.”

“I don’t have editorial control over the content of VOA and OCB programming, but I can ensure our outlets have reliable and credible options as they work to craft their reporting and news programs,” said Ms. Lake, using acronyms for Voice of America and the Office of Cuba Broadcasting.

Patsy Widakuswara, a former Voice of America White House bureau chief who was placed on leave, said she was concerned by the development.

“We’ve worked so hard to build trust for our brand,” she said. “This is 83 years of good journalism that’s going to be destroyed.”

Voice of America was created in 1942 to combat Nazi propaganda, and has long brought news to corners of the globe where reliable journalism is scarce.

In March, Mr. Trump issued an executive order to dismantle the U.S. Agency for Global Media, the congressionally chartered agency that oversees Voice of America, effectively shuttering the news outlet. The president accused the broadcaster of harboring bias against him and branded it the “voice of radical America.” Voice of America’s roughly 1,300 workers were sent home.

The broadcaster’s journalists then sued, saying that Mr. Trump was not authorized to withdraw funding that had been approved by Congress.

A federal judge in Washington sided with the reporters, ordering the Trump administration to bring back programming.

An appeals panel seemed to complicate the matter over the weekend, reversing parts of the lower court’s order that required the Trump administration to restore funding. But the panel left the requirement that Voice of America revive programming.

It is not clear how many Voice of America reporters will return after the court decisions.

“Some have already returned,” Ms. Lake said in an email Tuesday evening. “Some will be returning in the future.”

She declined to comment further.

About 15 employees have been reinstated in recent days, said Ms. Widakuswara, who was not one of them.

Grant Turner, who served as chief executive of Voice of America’s parent agency during the first Trump administration, said that moves to add OAN content would violate a statutory requirement that the broadcaster be “accurate, objective, and comprehensive.”

He predicted that the OAN content would not land well with foreign audiences, either.

“They know what real fake news sounds like,” Mr. Turner said of Voice of America’s listeners, adding, “They want something that’s genuine.”



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Nick Saban, college football czar? Meeting with President Trump hints at former coach’s larger aims
Next Article ATU-Ozark Collision Repair Technology Re-Accredited
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Montgomery College will remain a Hispanic-Serving Institution regardless of federal funding cuts
Education
May 22, 2026
ViaProMeds Launches Bilingual Telehealth Platform Built Specifically for Latino Patients in the United States
Latino Lifestyle
May 22, 2026
Montrose’s nearly $9 million sidewalk-improvement project to begin soon
Houston
May 22, 2026
Keller Williams Announces CEO Summit Speakers for Mega Camp 2026 – Las Vegas Sun News
Las Vegas
May 22, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?