Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
      • Social Media Management
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Reading: Court decision gives NCAA win in eligibility appeal
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Hispanic Business TVHispanic Business TV
Search
  • Featured
  • Popular Cities
    • Atlanta
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Dallas
    • Denver
    • Houston
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New York
    • Phoenix
    • Salt Lake City
    • San Antonio
  • Business
    • HBTV Toolbox
  • Politics
  • HBTV Sports
    • MLB
    • MMA
    • NCAAF
    • NBA
    • NCAAM
    • NFL
    • NHL
  • Entertainment
  • Living
    • Culture
    • Latino Lifestyle
    • Education
    • Cannabis
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2024 hispanicbusinesstv All Rights Reserved.
Hispanic Business TV > Sports > NCAAM > Court decision gives NCAA win in eligibility appeal
NCAAM

Court decision gives NCAA win in eligibility appeal

HBTV
Last updated: August 22, 2026 11:56 am
HBTV
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE


The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals handed the NCAA a temporary victory on Friday, issuing a stay of a preliminary injunction that granted athletes from the high school class of 2022 an extra year of eligibility.

The 2-1 decision by the Tenth Circuit came after the NCAA appealed a Colorado federal judge’s temporary injunction allowing the 2022 athletes to play under the same rules as players currently in college. In June, the NCAA changed its rules to allow athletes to play five seasons within a five-year eligibility window, provided age requirements are met, but the rule was not applied retroactively.

The NCAA informed schools on Friday that the rules that applied before the Colorado decision were in effect.

The Colorado judge granted the injunction on July 31 in the federal class-action lawsuit filed by Brock Wisne, a Northern Colorado basketball player who said the NCAA violated antitrust law by barring him from playing a fifth season.

“The Tenth Circuit’s decision to stay the preliminary injunction issued by a Colorado federal district court judge in Wisne permits Division I to return to the status quo before the district court intervened,” an NCAA statement said. “Effective immediately, the age-based eligibility rules will be implemented as the Division I membership intended.

“Class members who were allowed to compete because of the Wisne injunction are no longer eligible to compete.”

Courts in states including California, Georgia, Louisiana and Tennessee have ruled in favor of athletes named in lawsuits. Those athletes will not be impacted by the Colorado ruling.

An Ohio court also issued a temporary injunction that was stayed by the Ohio Court of Appeals.

“The Association will separately continue to defend other similar putative class-action lawsuits and the state court cases that have been filed by former student-athletes seeking additional eligibility,” the NCAA said in its statement. “We are encouraged by the Ohio Court of Appeals’ decision to stay the first of those injunctions pending our appeal.”

The ruling by the Tenth Circuit means high-profile football players, including Arizona running back Ismail Mahdi and defensive linemen Stephen Daley and Kellan Wyatt of Indiana, currently are ineligible to play in the 2026 season. They had been practicing with their teams but were not protected by state rulings.



Source link

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.

By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article What we know about suspected Capital bomber, Jessica Bowie
Next Article Klay Thompson reportedly headed to Miami Heat after reaching buyout with Dallas
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Mexican Fiesta is back fundraising for scholarships and local nonprofits
Education
August 22, 2026
Latino American Festival returns to Utica’s Hanna Park | Content Exchange
Latino Lifestyle
August 22, 2026
Houston data center seeks removal of planned Kermier Road
Houston
August 22, 2026
Woman visits Las Vegas, books hotel that doesn’t exist
Las Vegas
August 22, 2026

Advertise

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

HispanicBusinessTV is your go-to source for the latest in Latino lifestyle, culture, and business news. Stay informed and inspired with our comprehensive coverage and in-depth stories.

Quick links

  • Advertise With Us
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • About Us
  • Contact

Top Categories

  • Business
  • HBTV Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Culture

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

© 2025 HispanicBusinessTV.com All Rights Reserved. A WooWho Network Digital Property.
Join Us!
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news, podcasts etc..

Zero spam, Unsubscribe at any time.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?